We’re hiring: volunteer event coordinator
Birmingham Big Art Project is looking for a volunteer events coordinator.
As a charity, Birmingham Big Art Foundation relies heavily on volunteers to help raise important funds for the Project.
As events coordinator, you will be responsible for leading a team of volunteers with the overall objective of raising money for the Project.
You’ll have an interest in the arts, an eye for detail and time to dedicate to this important Project. Other duties include, but are not limited to:
- Creating a fundraising events strategy to appeal to different sectors of the community
- Maintaining a working relationship with vendors and venues
- Planning event aspects, such as venue, seating, dining, and guest list
- Delegating event planning tasks to other team members where necessary
- Coordinating event entertainment
- Staying within budget while planning event specifications
- Issuing invoices and collecting payments in a timely manner
- Managing and overseeing events on the day of, including problem-solving, welcoming guests, directing event set-up, communicating with staff, and organising vendors
- Communicating with marketing team to ensure effective promotion for each event
- Reporting progress on a regularly basis to the Birmingham Big Art Project coordinator
- Anticipating and planning for different scenarios
- Uploading all event details to the Birmingham Big Art Project website
- Excellent organisation
- Event planning
- Team management
- Attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to work on own initiative
The role of events coordinator will continue indefinitely until the Project launches in line with the opening of HS2. You will be responsible for conceptualising and overseeing at least three fundraising events per year. From time to time, you may also be asked to assist with other events that are not related to fundraising.
To apply, please send your CV with covering letter to [email protected] by no later than midnight on 23 June, 2017.
Please note: this is an unpaid position, and requires one day per month minimum.